[SOLVED] Several Windows issues after using Disk Genius ?

captaincrowther

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Recently I reset my sluggish PC with the intention to migrate the OS to an SSD for improved performance. I swapped the cables of my two drives to make the SSD the primary. Reset went smoothly but when trying to install Windows 10 on the SSD via bootable USB, it wouldn’t play ball.

So I opted to auto migrate it using Disk Genius, which appeared to work perfectly. I deleted the OS files from my HDD. Then a short while later my Windows Search box had no cursor and my Start Menu stopped working as well as Chrome.

Tried a few googled fixes and then decided to migrate the OS back to my HDD. I also swapped the cables back.

I then tried to reset the PC via cloud, locally and bootable USB, but each time it failed. I formatted the original C drive in an attempt to get this working.

What is my next move?

Last edited:

captaincrowther

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
How can I do a fresh install when installation from usb fails? It says not possible to install on any of the drives I select.

CCL Choice DVD Writer Optical Drive
3 Year Collect & Return warranty
Microsoft Windows 10 Home - 64-Bit DVD (OEM) Antec A30 Dual Heatpipe Cpu Air-Cooler
Intel Core i7 8700 3.2GHz Hexa Core CPU
CCL Choice 8GB (1x 8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
Cooler Master Silencio 352 Mid Tower Case
Gigabyte B360M HD3 Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard Aero Cool Integrator OEM 500W 80+ Bronze PSU Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD TP-Link Archer T4E 1200Mbps PCI Express WiFi

captaincrowther

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Sorry to cause any confusion here, looks like I’ve been confusing a 500gb HDD which I added years ago and forgot about, with the SSD mentioned on my invoice. I’m not sure it’s even on board!, but that’s something for me to clarify with CCL. Either way you’ve given me plenty of useful information, I’ll let you know the outcome.