Question Severe Phanteks DRGB Flicker (and an RGB lights Bonus Points Question) ?

SorryBella

Proper
Aug 23, 2023
So I finally finished my build lighting, but I have a pretty bad issue currently with my Neon M5. Lets start with the first caveat that this is a used product. It was 3 years old from purchase and is missing all of the included precut VHBs, but those are fine as I could quickly buy double sided tapes.

Secondly, my board has no ARGB connector (B450-A Pro Max) so I am forced to use a hub for it. The solution I went with is a Corsair Lighting Node Core included in an SP140 RGB Elite Twin Kit, and a generic Corsair Node Core to ARGB hub, powered with SATA. But now that I have it hooked around my system, this happens. The rest of the fans consisting of 3 Fractal Design Aspect 12 and 1 Custom FC120 on the AG400 ARGB, syncs up easily on SignalRGB (I uses Vivy's color palette for clearer demonstration on camera, but I am going to put Ai's color palette later), the DRGB does not follow the code (I have made sure that the LED count is correctly set it is 50 in total), and in a pretty violent way.

CW: Seizure Inducing Content, Severe Flicker.

It incessantly flickers and it flickers HARD. It freaks out pretty badly on me and I don't know why this could happen. I don't see anything about orientation of the DRGB to ARGB adapter plug that I particularly broke and the LED is fine on the seller's side. I will test and update you on whether it worked on the onboard ARGB controller on my spare Pop Air later, this is a bit early in the day and I need to make sure whether its the LED strip or my RGB setup.

EDIT: Tested on the spare case, the LED works up until its power limit, so about halfway. So it is the issue with my current setup. Ive tried other ARGB ports and none of them helped.

Bonus Points Question:
As you guys could tell, I got a Corsair fan. I know for a fact that Corsair and iCUE have a massive issue with RGB coloring. In particular about the infamous 512 color limit. The question is, does anyone in the community ever attempted to see all of those 512 colors, or does anyone know whether this has been fixed or not? Because on a lot of lighter color, I see the Corsair fans struggle a *** [Moderator edit - no profanity allowed. This is a family friendly forum.] ton while the Aspect 12 and FC120 can display them correctly.

Last edited by a moderator: