Question Ubisoft game launch restart computer (SOLVED)

Jul 28, 2024
This is driving me nuts.

On a new computer which I was about to transition to, I've been getting things ready and one thing was to make sure I can play Division 2 coop so I had tested this running a couple of days ago without any problem.

Today I wanted to run a session and 2 things happened. 1. Windows 10 decided to update. 2. Ubisoft connect also updated.
Let the nightmare begin. Division 2 on launch rebooted the computer.

Things I've established and done:

1. I booted from a copy of windows 10 on a different drive in case it was the update. - Issue is the same
2. I re-installed graphic drivers just in case - issue is the same
3. I tried to run other Ubisoft games - none will run and ALL reboot the comptuer
4. I tried steam games. No problems ALL run perfectly.

With Ubisoft games when you first launch , there are usually a few messages that come up :

1. Launching your game. -
2. Syncronising achievements with the cloud
3. Splash screen for EAC - if the game needs it.
4. Some time after this the game splashscreen will appear

I only get 1. "launching your game" and a few second after the screen goes black and the pc reboots.
Given the things that should happen I'm guessing that the game hasn't even been started as there is no game splash screen which happens much much later.

I am at my wits end with this as I've tried to find out what might cause this and what in Ubisoft would cause this. I have some event errors which don't seem to give me much clues especially as a lot of these are happening anyway but because of the sudden death reboot I doubt if any meaningful event will be recorded.

I did find the setting in Win10 that deals with reboot after error and unchecked it but it makes no difference.

I'm stumped and would like some ideas / help if possible. I've raised a ticket with Ubisoft but this is usually a dead end.