Sexy air cooler suggestions?

Zazumaki

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I have the CM hyper212evo but it's too unattractive, trying to go for either a black or red sexy air cooler. I'm getting an MSI Motherboard its red and black so I'm looking for something to complement the board.

Solution
I found a number of nice looking red/black themed coolers but not sure what gives. Most seem to be unavailable, like the megahalems red, id cooling's hunter vc twin that was talked about a year ago but doesn't seem to exist anywhere (not sure if it ever made it to market).

The coolermaster v8 gts may or may not be your style. A bit on the expensive side given its performance. Not that it's horrible but there are better coolers for the same money. Not stylized like this with the black/red though.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-GTS-Performance-Horizontal/dp/B00E0EXYDC

Phanteks has a red anodized tc14pe dual tower/dual fan cooler around the same price but the fan housings are white. May or may not suit your build theme. Doesn't...
I found a number of nice looking red/black themed coolers but not sure what gives. Most seem to be unavailable, like the megahalems red, id cooling's hunter vc twin that was talked about a year ago but doesn't seem to exist anywhere (not sure if it ever made it to market).

The coolermaster v8 gts may or may not be your style. A bit on the expensive side given its performance. Not that it's horrible but there are better coolers for the same money. Not stylized like this with the black/red though.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-GTS-Performance-Horizontal/dp/B00E0EXYDC

Phanteks has a red anodized tc14pe dual tower/dual fan cooler around the same price but the fan housings are white. May or may not suit your build theme. Doesn't seem to be available currently (at a reasonable price anyway) but will likely come back in stock.

This cooler performs similar to the tc14pe, not quite as cool but significantly less. I think the sale ends today though. The raijintek tisis here at newegg is the black only version, they seem to be out of red.
http://pcpartpicker.com/product/BBZ2FT/raijintek-cpu-cooler-0r100013

Not sure what the deal is with so many coolers being out of stock or unavailable. The ones that are their prices have been at just about the highest levels they've been in some time. I'm using the dark rock pro 3 and I like it. It too seems to be out of stock for the time being, usually runs around $90 or so. I think that price is pretty steep, it's black with just the name in silver/chrome. The noctua's like the nh-d14 are less money but not black or red.

Also with larger air coolers they're most likely going to extend over top of some if not all your ram slots so if you have tall ram it's something to consider.

Solution

Ripthruster

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
The CM V8GTS is definitely the sexiest out there, but as Synphul said it's overpriced for it's performance. BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Is also quite good looking but more subdued. Kind of like comparing a Movado to a Rolex.

If you end up finding the dark rock pro 3 in stock and go with that one, a couple things that may make it easier to install. Make sure your ram is already installed so you don't get ahead of yourself and find you have to take the cooler back off. Have your ram and cpu installed in the motherboard and when you're ready to mount the cooler, lay it face down on a table with the cooling plate facing up.

Apply your thermal compound to the cpu (installed in the mobo) and lower the mobo upside down onto the cooler. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to get it mounted evenly when you essentially mount the cpu/mobo to the cooler rather than try to hold the cooler up and attach it with the mobo already in the case. The motherboard is a bit lighter and easier to handle and maneuver than the cooler itself.