[SOLVED] SFF Case Suggestions

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
So I am thinking of doing a small form factor mITX build for the lounge to act as a streaming hub, via a Denon AVR.
Going to base it on the Ryzen 3200G APU with 8GB 3000MHz RAM and a NVMe 256Gb SDD.

Thats all fine in my head, but I am finding many of the SFF cases still too big for my needs, yes they are slim but the WxL dimensions are often 25-30cm (10 - 12") which is a touch too big.
However, neither to I want to go NUC size and suffer poor thermals, so somewhere in between would be great.
Cooler I have been looking at is the Noctua NH-L9A AM4 (37mm high) or the Silverstone SST-AR11 at 47mm high.

Case suggestions of something SFF but not over 25cm (10") whilst retaining some slimness. But not NUC style either.

Is it possible?

WildCard999

Titan
Bang on in one Wildcard. Only reservation is some people saying they have issues with the 3000 APUs on the A300 board.

But size and style that's exactly what I was looking for.
It says it supports the 3200G/3400G out of the box however it probably wouldn't hurt to update the BIOS once the build is up and running to help with stability for the CPU/RAM. Just note that the RAM required is 260-pin SO-DIMM.

Reactions: greigm78