Shadow/Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 not enough resources error

bama_boy_2f2f

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
After I hit PLAY, the screen goes black for about 5-10 seconds, and then this message appears: "a problem has occured with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings....bla bla". This only happens in DX12. When playing in DX11, I encountered no problems at all.
PC specs: i5 8400, MSI GTX 1060 6GB ARMOR, 16GB DDR4 2666mhz, Asrock B360 Gaming K4 mobo, Corsair TX750M PSU, 500GB Samsung 860EVO SSD, Windows 10 OS.
Tried two Nvidia drivers, 399.24 and 399.07 - same error.
Updated Windows with latest updates - same error.
This happens in ROTTR and SOTTR games. Tried playing Metro Redux and no problems.
What can be done? Is it a faulty GPU?

It seems to be a common issue with SOTTR-most likely something that will get addressed through patches as time goes on. You can try clean install of your display drivers (which I am sure you already have done), updating DirectX using the runtime installer and the C++ redistributable packages.

Need to update the drivers.

Current driver is 411.63.

And make sure Windows is updated.

bama_boy_2f2f

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

How can I update DirectX using runtime installer or C++? I got the game on DVD and installed through Steam. I opened the DVD and I could not see any DirectX setup.exe or something like that.

bama_boy_2f2f

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

Windows is fully updated, I will try the latest driver. Funny thing is, about a year ago I played ROTTR with a GTX1050Ti and it worked flawlessly on DX12, no crashes whatsoever, using the same OS that I use today (bought it on DVD). It's really messed up...

bama_boy_2f2f

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

Already searched, but I didn't install because it said 'DownloadDirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX.' Shouldn't it say DX12 or something? Anyway, thanks, I will try these links and come back with an answer.