Shadow under icon name

ak

Hi,
I use XP SP1 with themes switched on. My icons have shadow under their name.
The shadow apeared during recovery after cleaning of a virus and spyware. It
is not terryble, but I do not like it. How do I get rid of this shadow? The
font is standard Tahoma, no bold, no italic,...I have tried to switch to
Windows classic desktop and it works, but the shadow under the icon name is
still there.

Thanks in advance...
--
AK

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:BE45FE86-C278-4001-96EE-5AADEDEBEFEC@microsoft.com,
ak <ak@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
> I use XP SP1 with themes switched on. My icons have shadow under
> their name. The shadow apeared during recovery after cleaning of a
> virus and spyware. It is not terryble, but I do not like it. How do I
> get rid of this shadow? The font is standard Tahoma, no bold, no
> italic,...I have tried to switch to Windows classic desktop and it
> works, but the shadow under the icon name is still there.
>
> Thanks in advance...

Find and press the WinKey (it's down near the ctrl and alt buttons normally
and looks like the Windows logo usually) and press that and press pause
break at the same time. Click on the advanced tab. Under performance click
settings. Scroll down and disable drop shadows for icon labels on the
desktop.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

ak

Thanks Galen. It worked...

AK

"Galen" je napisal:

> In news:BE45FE86-C278-4001-96EE-5AADEDEBEFEC@microsoft.com,
> ak <ak@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Hi,
> > I use XP SP1 with themes switched on. My icons have shadow under
> > their name. The shadow apeared during recovery after cleaning of a
> > virus and spyware. It is not terryble, but I do not like it. How do I
> > get rid of this shadow? The font is standard Tahoma, no bold, no
> > italic,...I have tried to switch to Windows classic desktop and it
> > works, but the shadow under the icon name is still there.
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
>
> Find and press the WinKey (it's down near the ctrl and alt buttons normally
> and looks like the Windows logo usually) and press that and press pause
> break at the same time. Click on the advanced tab. Under performance click
> settings. Scroll down and disable drop shadows for icon labels on the
> desktop.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Latest posts