Share Internet Using ICS On router

yowo

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
I Have 2 LAN card & 1 wireless Router . my internet connection Rj45 plug in one LAN card .
i want to use WiFi using ICS .
just i want share internet one lan card to another lan card after that router .
so which IP i use in router I can't understand (Y) please help
scenario picture is here -> http://oi61.tinypic.com/2e3xudx.jpg
Hi Bro I'm new here.

Solution

Well, not sure your setup is going to help your ping at all.

In any case, you should just set your router to automatically obtain an IP (enable DHCP). The router will get configuration info automatically from the ICS enabled PC.

I believe the default IP for ICS might be 192.168.0.1 (it may be different depending on the OS), so if you want to manually set it, you may want to try 192.168.0.2.

kanewolf

Titan
That setup exposes your host to ALL the internet threats. Why would you want to connect a Windows (ICS) host directly to the internet when you have a router that you can be protected by? What ever extra bandwidth or simplicity of port forwarding you gain by not going through your router, is, in my opinion more than offset by the high probability of your host being attacked. Allow the router to do the job it was designed for.

yowo

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Bro when i am using router directly then my PING is getting request time out sometime :/

i want Sharing Internet connection with a router using ICS is this possible ??

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

Well, not sure your setup is going to help your ping at all.

In any case, you should just set your router to automatically obtain an IP (enable DHCP). The router will get configuration info automatically from the ICS enabled PC.

I believe the default IP for ICS might be 192.168.0.1 (it may be different depending on the OS), so if you want to manually set it, you may want to try 192.168.0.2.

Solution