Share Wifi to router via ethernet

djdidi

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Hi there, I decided to post a question after a lot of effort and research. I have a wifi adapter with 10 meter long cable, up to my roof, because thats the only way I have access to wifi. I want to get the internet from my desktop and send it to a wireless router via pc's ethernet port.

I tried network sharing, I tried bridging and it doesnt work..My router has 4 lan ports and 1 wan port.

I know it is possible because It was working before I reseted my router by mistake. I cant find out how I got it to work.
Please save meee!
Thanks in advance

When you say you have a WiFi adapter, are you talking about a cell modem or an actual WiFi adapter? If WiFi, what are you connecting to? What is this WiFi adapter connected to with that cable, do your desktop? If you are trying to do this through ICS, you will need to setup your router as a WiFi access point, not as a router, your PC will be acting as the router.

djdidi

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Exactly this. My pc needs yo act as a router and my router as an access point. I followed some online guides but when I change my router's IP, I cant enter the routers setup page anymore. I change the Ip to lets say 192.168.0.199, it restarts and when I enter 192.168.0.199 in my adress bar it cant connect. My pc's that is connected tou internet via wifi IP is 192.168.0.1