[SOLVED] Share your thoughts with my build.

Feb 1, 2019
Hello everyone,
This is my first thread and first build on budget gaming.I've recently purchased the following components;
CASE:
ZALMAN z3 PLUS mid atx tower case. ( 5 fan cooling, changed all the stock fans with; 5x cooler master jet flow 120)
PSU:
ZALMAN 500W LE
MOBO:
MSI 970A-43G
CPU:
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core @3.5gHz (stock no O.C) + stock cooler
GPU:
ASUS R7 265, 2GB/256BIT
HDD:
WD Blue 3,5" SATA III 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 1 TB, No SSD.
RAM:
4x2 GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz CL10
CPU & GPU PASTE:
Zalman ZM-STG2
THE PRICE:
I've collected all of the parts one by one by second hand online shopping, and cost roughtley about £256-£276 (components bought in Turkey.)
Please can you share your thoughts and tell me if i should focus on different matters when building a pc.

Solution
I guess a decent pubg system is what you are building then.

Changing the platform aka the mobo, ram and cpu is gonna be a costly affair.

And I guess you are gonna be playing in 1080p 60hz?

If so, an RX570/580 or gtx 1060 6gb will last a long time before needing a replacement.

Start saving up, by the time Nvidia has a 250 usd card or amd is ready to release the Navi mainstream 250 usd card(before the year end mostly) , the RX 580 will be heavily discounted.

Or, you could just upgrade to the above mentioned 250 usd next gen cards for longevity.

Look out for the ryzen 3000 series. They will be the bang/buck product that mainstream gamers seek. A ryzen 3 3000 series should suffice for 1080p 60fps gaming. And it would be upgradable to...
For starters, you should decide what you want from your pc.

For example, if you want 1080p 60fps gaming or 1080p 144hz gaming or 2k etc.

Next you have to choose the cpu/gpu combo that can give you that. So you have to see reviews and benchmarks so that you will know which cpu/gpu u need for your system.

Then comes the other parts selection...

Right now, you have got a dead platform with a poor performing cpu and a esport capable gpu. Upgrading it is not possible cuz like I said, it's a dead platform....

Feb 1, 2019

I would kindly like to thank you for sparing time to read my thread & share your thoughts,

I was basicly trying to build an avarage day to day gaming system for games like PUBG etc. i'm not looking for spectacular graphics, and the FX-6300 was one of the best price/performance CPU's on cpu benchmark.
Is it possible for you to give me advice on what i shall upgrade next?
Thank you in advance.

I guess a decent pubg system is what you are building then.

Changing the platform aka the mobo, ram and cpu is gonna be a costly affair.

And I guess you are gonna be playing in 1080p 60hz?

If so, an RX570/580 or gtx 1060 6gb will last a long time before needing a replacement.

Start saving up, by the time Nvidia has a 250 usd card or amd is ready to release the Navi mainstream 250 usd card(before the year end mostly) , the RX 580 will be heavily discounted.

Or, you could just upgrade to the above mentioned 250 usd next gen cards for longevity.

Look out for the ryzen 3000 series. They will be the bang/buck product that mainstream gamers seek. A ryzen 3 3000 series should suffice for 1080p 60fps gaming. And it would be upgradable to the next gen chips.

A 250gb ssd like the Samsung 860 Evo or the crucial mx500 would be great if you can afford it. You can get the ssd now. Use it in your current system and carry it over to your upgrade as well.

I would also upgrade the psu along with the platform upgrade if I were you. Go for a 550w tier 1 or tier 2 psu from the latest psu tier list. Just Google for psu tier list...

Solution
Feb 1, 2019

I shall note the things you have advised to me thank you for supporting me with your knowladge on my path for smooth gaming experiance! :ange: