shared memory gpu

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,
I want to buy a new graphic card for my pc because I have an older one. But I have an old motherboard, model M2A-VM of ASUS. On ASUS's website, about the graphic card, it's write :
"shared memory max. 1024 Mb" (1,02 Gb)
So if I buy a 2 Gb graphic card ( DDR3) it will works or not ?
Sorry for my english, I'm french

Another question : do you know a recently graphic card, not so expensive (100€) on DDR3, which can be more powerful than my actual one ? I have a Nvidia GeForce GT620.
Thanks

Solution
I'd stick with older used cards on a motherboard of that age. Also, your power supply is important, it might limit what you can use. The most you should consider is a 750 Ti. An AMD HD 7750 would also be a possibility.

You want DDR5 on the videocard for best performance. A DDR3 card, like a GT 710, is only suitable for use as an office computer, not gaming.

If you want something new, a GT 1030 would be it. I'm not sure how compatible it would be with your motherboard.
I'd stick with older used cards on a motherboard of that age. Also, your power supply is important, it might limit what you can use. The most you should consider is a 750 Ti. An AMD HD 7750 would also be a possibility.

You want DDR5 on the videocard for best performance. A DDR3 card, like a GT 710, is only suitable for use as an office computer, not gaming.

If you want something new, a GT 1030 would be it. I'm not sure how compatible it would be with your motherboard.

Solution