Sharing Hard Drive over Switch Not Showing while Streaming

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Hello I have a Gigabit switch,

I have a gigabit tp link switch, tp link wifi 100 MBps router and a PC. Cable internet wire.

All 3 need to be connected so that PC gets Gigabit connectivity and WiFi router gets full 100 Mbps connectivity and all files can be shred from PC over the WiFI router.

1. i have connected my cable internet line to the gigibit switch in port 1

2.Port 2 of switch had PC

3. Port 2 of switch has wifi router which is connected to WAN port

Now My router only supports 100MBps and I dont want spend to get a gigabit router. ( TP link W841N)

Now I have added POPPE interface on router its able to connect on its own and all wifi connectivity work.

On PCnet is working fine using a dialup poppe connection.

Both on PC and Wifi are getting different public IP, now even though net is working, i am not able to see the files which i have shared on my PC on my Wifi..

now could anyone suggestion the sollution..

Once both PC and WiFi Router is connected to the net, both have different public IP even though connected via same switch and net connection.

wifi router lan ip is 198.168.0.1

pc lan ip is: 192.168.1.1 ( assigned manually)

Solution
Modem->router->switch-> all your devices. Your LAN will be at 1000Mbs, because it stays on the switch. Don't assign manually, unless you know how to do it properly. You want the first 3 private numbers to be the same for each device on the LAN.

If you plug a modem into a switch it's like plugging into the modem for multiple devices, limited by how many ips the isp will give you.
Modem->router->switch-> all your devices. Your LAN will be at 1000Mbs, because it stays on the switch. Don't assign manually, unless you know how to do it properly. You want the first 3 private numbers to be the same for each device on the LAN.

If you plug a modem into a switch it's like plugging into the modem for multiple devices, limited by how many ips the isp will give you.

Solution