Question sharingd, imagent, and cloudpaird high cpu usage on mac

May 17, 2021
hi,
i have a macbook pro (2014 model i think so) with mc os x Yosemite...
its been many years since i bought it and it was running completely fine, but an year ago, i noticed that my mac's fans started to run on full speed, the temperature increased (up to 60 degrees), and eventually it would shut down itself and never turn on before 2 or 3 hours. i once opened activity monitor when the temps got high, and i noticed 3 processes consuming high amount of ram and cpu usage (sharingd, imagent, cloudpaird). i wanted to quit all the processes but they appeared again after i quitted them. then, after trying this for like 5 minutes, they showed 0% cpu usage, and my mac's temperature decreased drastically. can i know what are these processes for and is there any way i force them not to run on delete their stuff. thanks ^_^

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Have you tried to launch in SafeMode? Shut down and then start and had the left shift key. Sometimes you may have to do it twice or so for it to go into safe mode.

Would check to see what third-party software has been installed. To delete third-party App go to the Applications folder and delete. Perhaps One click then, Command+Delete.

Do the graphics look funky?

Grace and peace,
Gary

May 17, 2021
Have you tried to launch in SafeMode? Shut down and then start and had the left shift key. Sometimes you may have to do it twice or so for it to go into safe mode.

Would check to see what third-party software has been installed. To delete third-party App go to the Applications folder and delete. Perhaps One click then, Command+Delete.

Do the graphics look funky?

Grace and peace,
Gary
they are not third party softwares i think, they are mac processes...