Shipped with worthless fan

Pavillion a350y - about 5 months old

The power supply fan is weak, but my main problem is with the exaust fan just
below it (AVC - F9025S12L). I can't feel any air at all on my hand even though
it's running. In fact, I know I could put a match up next to it and it wouldn't
blow it out.

Why bother?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

DroJuice wrote:

> Pavillion a350y - about 5 months old
>
> The power supply fan is weak, but my main problem is with the exaust fan
> just below it (AVC - F9025S12L). I can't feel any air at all on my hand
> even though it's running. In fact, I know I could put a match up next to
> it and it wouldn't blow it out.
>
> Why bother?
Yeh, cuz its an intake not an exhaust. (at least on the m270n it is)
Seems like HP has a serious problem with Heat disapation design. Especially
the code controlling the fan speeds, i constantly find my fan running at
very slow speed and the temp way up. I now use "speed fan" to try and
control my fan although its not too good at it either.
Eric