Shopkeepers critisizing AMD processors

Oct 23, 2018
I collected the info about which processor to buy intel or amd.All of them said to me that AMD starts losing performance after 1-2 years.Is this true?If so what should i do because i want to buy a budget PC for gaming and livestreaming.

racksmith101

Respectable
Load of rot, I have a phenom 2 965 and a fx8350 running in older systems and both still run flawlessly. Either the shopkeepers haven't got a clue what they are talking about or intel is offering kickbacks on sales promotion again.

Oct 23, 2018
Tolis_GR so why do every shopkeeper or mechanic i ask say that amd lose performance after 1-2 years? I asked 2 people and they said the same thing that you should buy intel processor.

Oct 23, 2018

How old is your processor?

They start looking worse compared to intel models after a few years,just like people had high hopes for the fx-8350 for example but after a few years it started to become obvious that it would not be all that great.
Same with ryzen,they looked great with the 1080/ti now with the 2080ti they look a little bit worse and in 2-3 years with even newer GPUs they will look even worse.