Question Short beeps, PC won’t launch, ram reinstall

Dec 5, 2022
Short beeps, PC won’t launch.

Hi, so for the past couple of years I’ve been using a PC with Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H motherboard. I had 2 Ram sticks installed to first and third slot (1333). It’s been working perfectly fine for years!
Today I wanted to check the exact model of the ram stick, so I unplugged it. After plugging it back (100% correctly)my PC instead of starting, is giving me weird seizure quick short POST beeps.
I tried everything, reinstalling to other slots, trying other rams, restarting cmos, taking out the battery. Nothing literally nothing helped me.
I beg ya all for help:(

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Remove the sticks of ram, use an eraser to clean the gold contacts on the sticks of ram, wipe clean, and then use a fine bristle brush to dust the motherboard ram slots. Reinsert sticks of ram and see if that helps.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU as well.

Dec 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Remove the sticks of ram, use an eraser to clean the gold contacts on the sticks of ram, wipe clean, and then use a fine bristle brush to dust the motherboard ram slots. Reinsert sticks of ram and see if that helps.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU as well.

I’ve just try both rubber and brush tricks - sadly no results.
What’s worth noting (I think) is the fact that PC behaves the same when all slots are empty.

CPU:Intel i7-4790k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H
Ram: Adata DDR3 1333(9) 2x8gb
SSD/HDD: Not sure about exact models but both are Kingston
GPU: Gtx 770
PSU: Thermaltake Hamburg 530W (around 5 years old)
Monitor: Random LG but I don’t think it matter..

Lutfij

Titan
That's an expensive paperweight, even if the unit was brand new.

See if there are any bulging or swollen caps on the board or even any signs of an oil slick/spill(if a capacitor did leak onto the board).

To also add, that build you have is wrong in more ways than one. K suffix processor which can be overclocked on a motherboard that does not allow you to overclock paired with ram that's not even DDR3-1600MHz. :|

Dec 5, 2022
That's an expensive paperweight, even if the unit was brand new.

See if there are any bulging or swollen caps on the board or even any signs of an oil slick/spill(if a capacitor did leak onto the board).

To also add, that build you have is wrong in more ways than one. K suffix processor which can be overclocked on a motherboard that does not allow you to overclock paired with ram that's not even DDR3-1600MHz. :|

Yeah I’m not saying the build is good, it’s just a random stuff thrown together that have been serving me for past 5 years. Power supply looks healthy, no oil leaks. It all happened after just unpluging a ram stick :/. Gigabyte isn’t really helping with their documentation..

Lutfij

Titan
Power supply looks healthy, no oil leaks.

I was referring to the motherboard, not the PSU - for all I care it's a bad unit that can take out parts with it.

Dec 5, 2022
Power supply looks healthy, no oil leaks.

I was referring to the motherboard, not the PSU - for all I care it's a bad unit that can take out parts with it.

motherboard is clean as well:( I have no idea what’s happening