Question Short on MOBO .... need help.

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, let's start with: "My pc worked fine till yesterday."

This evening tried to start up, after a brief led flash the PC instantly turned off. Tried a couple of times after checking that the supply cable and then decide to open the case.

Found out my custom liquid cooler leaked a bit this prob caused a short.

Started to tear down my PC and, like it wasn't enough, while trying to pull off the CPU cooler the CPU come off with it ( This is the first time it happen to me and i applied thermal past dunno how many times; also i know i have to move a bit the cooler before pulling slowly ). Lucky no pin got bent ( I checked 10 times at least ) and the CPU perfectly fit inside the socket ( AMA4 ).

Changed the valve and then reassembled the PC with just 1 RAM slot. All seem to work fine got access to the BIOS and CPU, GPU, RAM and SSD got properly recognized, but when I tried to start up an error popped up:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key ( M.2 hasn't been removed from the MOBO )

Turned off and placed all the ram into their slot but the PC didn't boot ( stuck on yellow led; RAM error ). Tested ram 1 slot at time and found out that when the RAM it's placed in the last 2 slots the PC won't boot.

LSS: After a short my PC won't recognize the last 2 RAM slot, sadly when i tried to remove the cooler the CPU also come off but no pin got bent, neither there are burned pins. I have access to the BIOS with just the first 2 RAM slot, but when i try to launch windows it also gives me the above error.

Now the question .... It's the CPU or the MOBO?

Sorry about the poor English any help it's appreciated.

Last edited: