[SOLVED] short term/long term upgrades for my gaming

Feb 2, 2019
I am looking for a quick fix for my pc which i use mostly for gaming. I plan to upgrade the pc anywhere from 6 to 9 months from now. looking for a cheap way to improve performance until then. also any advice on the future upgrade is welcomed. I've been piecing my rig together with little upgrades for a while now.

Intel I-5 3570 3.40 GHZ

MSI G Force GTX 1051ti

Asus P8 Z77-Vlk

Corsair RM 850X

Gskill sniper series 8 gig DDR3

Seagate 1T HDD

Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

Solution
Easiest and fastest upgrade would be a better GPU. The 1660Ti just released and is presumably very cheap and equals the 1070. If you want to pay a bit more you could look into higher cards.
I can no longer recommend 590 or other cheap AMD since the 1660ti beats them in many cases by over 50% considering it's a new card that can only just improve.

The thing with upgrading your GPU is that you will keep it when you get your new CPU/motherboard. That's the only upgrade you should make at the moment if you plan to do more soon. Or you could look into a 1080/2070 if you have more money.

Cioby

Distinguished
Easiest and fastest upgrade would be a better GPU. The 1660Ti just released and is presumably very cheap and equals the 1070. If you want to pay a bit more you could look into higher cards.
I can no longer recommend 590 or other cheap AMD since the 1660ti beats them in many cases by over 50% considering it's a new card that can only just improve.

The thing with upgrading your GPU is that you will keep it when you get your new CPU/motherboard. That's the only upgrade you should make at the moment if you plan to do more soon. Or you could look into a 1080/2070 if you have more money.

Solution