Should I add more fans?

rayashj

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Hey guys, I received all of my parts yesterday and started my build last night. I've got the Bitfenix Shinobi Window case and it came with 2 fans. One in the back and one in the front. I noticed it had room for several more. I think 2 up top and one on the side window.

My question is, will the 2 provided fans be enough for my build or should I think about adding a few more? My build is below.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($167.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.46 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($136.95 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($92.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.93 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($272.26 @ Microcenter)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.11 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($76.66 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHDS118-04 DVD/CD Drive ($18.39 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($108.22 @ Best Buy)

I don't really plan on overclocking or anything, I'm not even sure I can with this set up. I just want to keep my PC as cool as I can.

If I do need to add some can you guys suggest some good fans? I've looked at the Bitfenix fans and figured they be the best to get since my case is Bitfenix but I don't know.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Fans add noise, so just monitor your temps and add fans as necessary. Xigmateks are good affordable fans around $10 each that offer low noise and high air movement if you do go looking. 140s are going to quieter than 120s by nature and if I were to add one to the shinobi case it would be a 140mm at the top rear mount.

That being said, all of your parts should stay within their temperature tolerances even without adding more fans. If they do not, they might be faulty.
Fans add noise, so just monitor your temps and add fans as necessary. Xigmateks are good affordable fans around $10 each that offer low noise and high air movement if you do go looking. 140s are going to quieter than 120s by nature and if I were to add one to the shinobi case it would be a 140mm at the top rear mount.

That being said, all of your parts should stay within their temperature tolerances even without adding more fans. If they do not, they might be faulty.

Solution

rayashj

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014

Okay thanks for the help.