[SOLVED] Should I be worried that my motherboard seems to keep having it's most recent BIOS update pulled?

Cyber_Akuma

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I have a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-1x/support#dl

When I was checking out the motherboard in December, the last BIOS revision was F20 or something like that (Don't recall if it was called F20a or F20b or anything like that) that adds 11th Gen CPU support among some other enhancements.

I noticed that about a month or so ago however that this update had been pulled, leaving F7c as the latest update.

But when I finally started building my system early this month, I noticed that the F20 (again, don't recall if there was a letter at the end or if the letter changed) was back. So since this was a new build, first thing I did was update the bios

...... but just now as I was checking for any updates I noticed it was pulled again and F7c is the latest again....

Should I be worried that there is something wrong with the F20 bios my motherboard is currently on? I recall reading about how some AMD boards last gen had some bios updates pulled that enabled PCIe 4.0 support since it was apparently unstable, leaving them at PCie 3.0..... and adding 11th Gen Intel CPU support would do the same thing... not to mention this board has some features (including a third M.2 port) that would only be enabled with a 11th Gen CPU... but they just pulled the BIOS that enables 11th gen Intel CPU support twice. I worry that for whatever reason they will just permanently pull it like what happened with AMD. Although I understand that the 11th gen Intel CPUs aren't even officially out yet.

Solution
maybe their website has been experiencing issues.
checking now the us\english site shows up to F20b:
09raGYc.jpg
Funny how it shows different things.

Using his link.
Contact us
Do you have question about our products?
Please contact our Technical Support for further assistance.
  • Downloads
  • CPU Support
  • Manual
  • Support List
  • FAQ
Downloads
Download from the server closest to you – Asia, China, North America, Europe, Russia.
  • Driver(+31)
  • BIOS(+2)
    • Version
      Size
      Date
      Download
      Description
      F7c
      9.97 MB
      2020/12/14
      1. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
      2. Enable platform communication with Intel® Cryo...
try checking Gigabyte forums. if users are experiencing issues with the BIOS iterations, they would be discussed there.

Rocket Lake CPUs should be available March 30. perhaps they are currently just tweaking their support for them.
if you are worried about your current BIOS iteration, you should be able to just flash back to the previous one and wait for a final release.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-1x/support#dl

When I was checking out the motherboard in December, the last BIOS revision was F20 or something like that (Don't recall if it was called F20a or F20b or anything like that) that adds 11th Gen CPU support among some other enhancements.

I noticed that about a month or so ago however that this update had been pulled, leaving F7c as the latest update.

But when I finally started building my system early this month, I noticed that the F20 (again, don't recall if there was a letter at the end or if the letter changed) was back. So since this was a new build, first thing I did was update the bios

...... but just now as I was checking for any updates I noticed it was pulled again and F7c is the latest again....

Should I be worried that there is something wrong with the F20 bios my motherboard is currently on? I recall reading about how some AMD boards last gen had some bios updates pulled that enabled PCIe 4.0 support since it was apparently unstable, leaving them at PCie 3.0..... and adding 11th Gen Intel CPU support would do the same thing... not to mention this board has some features (including a third M.2 port) that would only be enabled with a 11th Gen CPU... but they just pulled the BIOS that enables 11th gen Intel CPU support twice. I worry that for whatever reason they will just permanently pull it like what happened with AMD. Although I understand that the 11th gen Intel CPUs aren't even officially out yet.
You were looking at something wrong their only 3 BIOS version for that board F3, F5 and F7C.
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Cyber_Akuma

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Ok, this is weird.

The link you posted shows me F5, F7c, and F20b, there is no F3.

I also noticed one difference in your link and my link is that your link has "/us/" in it.... but I have been using the non-us link all this time and they had F20b on there until yesterday.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
09raGYc.jpg
Funny how it shows different things.

Using his link.
Contact us
Do you have question about our products?
Please contact our Technical Support for further assistance.
  • Downloads
  • CPU Support
  • Manual
  • Support List
  • FAQ
Downloads
Download from the server closest to you – Asia, China, North America, Europe, Russia.
  • Driver(+31)
  • BIOS(+2)
    • Version
      Size
      Date
      Download
      Description
      F7c
      9.97 MB
      2020/12/14
      1. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
      2. Enable platform communication with Intel® Cryo Cooling Technology
      3. Improve UHD BD (4K BD) support
      F5
      9.94 MB
      2020/06/19
      1. 3D Gaming Performance Optimized
  • Utility(+11)

Solution
09raGYc.jpg

Sometimes gigabyte will skip a beat and not update bios for a few seasons.
Don't worry about it and leave well enough alone if the current bios version is perfectly stable.
The windows gigabyte utility might update it if you give it permission.
My gigabyte z390 aorus will do that if I don't keep an eye on it.