Should I build a Gaming PC or buy a PS4?

DonutMan

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Hey guys, I need some help.

I've been thinking of buying a PS4, which would be my first gaming console. Because my laptop sucks, this would be awesome to get.

But then I thought I could build a gaming pc for a bit more money.

Here's what I would be building:
-Thermaltake Versa H22 Case
-MSI Socket AM3+/AMD 760G/DDR3 Motherboard
-GeForce GTX 750 TI Graphics Card
-AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
-Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 RAM
-Seagate 1TB Desktop Hard Drive
-Samsung SATA 1.5 Gb-s Optical Drive
-EVGA 500W Power Supply

This pc will cost around $500.

So... should I get a PS4 or this gaming pc build?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Easy choice is PC. Best of both worlds. Though I would go a different route for a gaming computer. Some of the choices on the list would not be a good choice... mediocre PSU, dead platform, terrible motherboard which would have throttling issues.

I love PC gaming, always have, but only if I can afford a good GPU and CPU to play games without issues. If you can only afford a PC that is going to run some current games on low, and probably even struggle with newer games in a year or so, I'd go a console. It will play all games that come out for it for years to come. 360/PS3 are still getting some games made 10 years out. a 10 year old PC can't even run google chrome anymore and a simple facebook game will cripple it. lol.

It's an investment that always need updating, dealing with drivers, and buying more hardware. And more. And then a new game you want to play comes out, need more RAM, need a new GPU. Consoles don't suffer that.

Just be ready that with a low end PC to be disappointed with the performance of it, and constantly looking to upgrade and spend more money and then doubt what you bought. lol. It's fun, addicting, and costly.

Galaxy1212

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
I think get a Ps4 as its ur first console and u will like it Alot.. Ik some bad Fps in Witcher 3 but still u can play it.. If u get a Pc and wanna play gta5 or Titanfall.. Large game sizes about 50-60 gigs if ur internet is fast enough then go for a Pc anf if u like a compact gaming machine , lay down on ur bed, sofa and couch abd play on a big screeb. Go for a Ps4. Hope it helped

factory100023

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

Go with PC

I switched form ps4 to PC , sold my ps4 3 months ago and i don't regret it :D PC gaming is awesome

DonutMan

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks guys, I think I might go with PS4 instead of gaming PC, because of some reasons:
-I'm switching from a crappy laptop to a machine that can play games way better.
-Cheaper than a gaming PC
-In my price range