should i buy black ops 3?

anwarparvez18

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
as u can see from the title...should i buy it .... because i am seeing LOTs of negative opinion about this game than a positive one....i buying a game within this month and i have budget for only one game..... as fallout 4(never played one),ac syndicate and fifa 16 are also in the list.... would you recommend any game from this instead of black ops 3 ? thanx in advance

my rig:
core i5 4570 3.2 ghz
msi gtx 970
ga h81m-s2pv
2 tb hdd(1 tb wd blue+1tb wd caviar green)
thermaltake se 630w
haf 912 advanced

^ what he said .
If you're after single player then fallout by a long stretch - fallout 3 & new vegas both had 150hours+ with side quests.

Bops3 - 4-5 hours max main campaign , same again for nightmares campaign.
Only buy if you want the multiplayer.

Fifa & the ac games - personally bored to tears with em.

anwarparvez18

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

i love bethesda's elder scrolls but for whatever reason i didnt play any of fallout game..do you thing i should start with fallout 4? like i played skyrim first then played oblivion

anwarparvez18

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

actually i play the single player for adapting with the weapons.. i love multiplayer but i actually cant play well or good...i all the time is in the bottom of the list :/

there seems to be some real basic issues with this game.
yesterday i had a play about with it and got nowhere. then i decided that i would re-enable hyperthreading on my old i7 920. (i disabled it to reduce idle temps on my oc giveing an extra -5'c). i rebooted with hyperthreading and run the game and to my surprise its smooth as butter.

so if you have the game and have disabled hyperthreading on your cpu. try enabling it. it might work as well for you as it did for me.

if all you have is a basic i5 quad i would say hold off until theres a real patch not just a hotfix.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Buy it, if you like this type of game. Who matters what other say, if you have your own opinion? I read a lot good reputation about Black Ops 3 and I am playing it now (pre ordered). Its nice to play, nothing special about it. But on the other side, the last Call of Duty I played was Modern Warfare 2 years ago. So its just time to play an actual one on single mode.

I read somewhere in German sites that the game is poorly optimized and you need really high power to run this game optimally. I have same graphics card and a cpu with similar power + its hyper threading. So when I get acceptable playing rates, then you should too. I first tried to play the game with mouse and keyboard, like I do on Counter Strike. But after 1 hour I switched to 360 gamepad and it is much much better now.

I buyed the game for the single player mode and its fun to play. If you like such games and want to play it, then I can recommend it.

Alternate recommendation. What type of game are you looking for? Just don't know what to play? Must it be a new and actual title and would you play games which are not AAA. I mean, would you play smaller games, like those of indie studios? Are you looking for online games only? Or maybe even strategy games? Well, here are some recommendations from me:

(Relatively) Actual big productions:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The Witcher 3
GTA V

Multiplayer games, some of them for offline with friends on couch, some are online:
Rocket League
TowerFall
Duck Game

Not new, but still good:
Batman - Arkham City
Outlast
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Games I didn't play:
ARK: Survival Evolved
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

A game from a friend (indie production):
The Curious Expedition

Running the single player here at a locked 60fps on a 6300+gtx 970 - its defaulted to high settings so left it at that.

The single player mode seems decent enough , mission 2 excellent, mission 3 is a step backwards.
At the moment to me advanced warfare is the better game both technically & campaign wise.
Hoping it gets better farther in , the nightmares mode on completion does look excellent.

anwarparvez18 - you can safely buy fallout 4 without having played either of the fallout 3 games.
Looking at the previews fallout 4 is a totally separate story & begins before the timescale of fallout 3.

sure is but my system still holds up well considering its age...

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2806322/unigine-valley-score-gtx-970.html
i give both oc and stock benches here and as you can see it often beats guys with newer hardware...
ld it maybe, outdated maybe, but useless for gaming certainly not.

Your welcome to your opinion and not everyone likes the COD series but to me you could not be more wrong, brilliant game that is fast paced and can play for 1/2hr or the whole day. However I am only interested in the multiplayer game.

anwarparvez18

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
i am not sure about black ops 3 because the reviews....but hype around fallout 4 is quite large.... may be will wait for the game to be released and read the reviews and then decide...what do u say guys?

anwarparvez18

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

i am playing witcher 3 and mgstpp(yeah still playing) ,batman arkham series and shadow of mordor(really fun) ,,u guessed right... i cant decide which type of games should i play... i am all over the place....may be that's why so confusing to choose