Question should i buy EVGA GeForce RTX 3060Ti XC GAMING for 420$(not a joke)

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
its used but wasnt in a mine and it has 2 years of waranty left.
planning on upgrading my whole pc (currently i7 4790 16gb ram 1060 6gb)
should i wait maybe prices go down?
also, im in a second world country so that money translates to a full month's minimum wage(plus some overtime) but i have the funds.
opinions? is it a good card?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
its used but wasnt in a mine and it has 2 years of waranty left.
planning on upgrading my whole pc (currently i7 4790 16gb ram 1060 6gb)
should i wait maybe prices go down?
also, im in a second world country so that money translates to a full month's minimum wage(plus some overtime) but i have the funds.
opinions? is it a good card?

before you buy, be sure it's safe.
could be a scam if it looks too good to be true.

several victims of used card scam last month.

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
Good card? Yes
Awful price? Absolutely.

And how do you know it wasn't mined on? What are your return options? Why is someone selling such a relatively new card for such a large loss?
the cheapest brand new card in my country costs quite a bit more. it starts at 561$
well i asked and he said & sent pcis of his pc and he said he got an upgrade thats worth it for him

Where exactly are you located then?
Personally, unless its a LHR model, hard pass.
Even if they say it wasnt used for mining, its impossible to know if thats the truth. Additionally, while you say it still has a warranty, is that warranty transferable to a new owner? Most arent.
I wouldnt touch a used GPU these days.

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
Absolutely terrible deal. You can spend a bit less, and get a slightly faster 6700xt, or spend the extra $49 and get a brand new 3060ti.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB EAGLE Video Card ($414.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 8 GB VENTUS 2X OCV1 Video Card ($469.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $884.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-08-11 12:18 EDT-0400
i'd love that, but they dont ship to my country
plus both of those cards cost way more brand new here like ~570$ and used theyre the same price +/- 10$

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
Where exactly are you located then?
Personally, unless its a LHR model, hard pass.
Even if they say it wasnt used for mining, its impossible to know if thats the truth. Additionally, while you say it still has a warranty, is that warranty transferable to a new owner? Most arent.
I wouldnt touch a used GPU these days.
i live in hungary

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
brand new cards cost a bit more, yes. But they also come with warranty. You could rma if something goes wrong.

with used gpu, you are gambling your hard earned money - you could easily get sent a bricked card, and no way you're getting money back.
" a bit more" 141$ isnt a bit tho and im planning on upgrading my whole pc(as in going from 4th gen to either 11th or 12th

poliplay

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
If money is that tight then wait for prices to come down more.
Its simply not worth buying any used GPU these days.
understandable, thanks for the help. i got a 1060 rn which holds up pretty well to this day and i love this card.
do you think i should upgrade my cpu rn? or should i wait with that aswell? i have funds i just dont wanna be that guy that bought something at the worst time.

Processor prices are relatively stable these days, not sure how prices are in your country though.
Is there something specific you think a processor upgrade will help with?

If you are satisfied if performance as is, and the processor upgrade is just for the GPU, then id wait and do them at the same time.
Most likely, prices would either come down more, or new hardware will be available.
Unless there is some processor youd like which is currently on sale.

Well, east European prices for 3060ti haven't moved a single cent for past month, and are unlikely to fall considerably in near future.
Mind it, 560$ price for new is including tax. If you deduct tax it is no more then 50$ above MSRP, so while there is room for reduction it is not likely to be big.
Also, warranty works slightly different in EU. As long as OP gets valid receipt from original owner he should have no problem executing warranty through the shop the card was bought from. At least as long as GPU was not mined ... and that is key factor here.

Aug 10, 2022
Well, east European prices for 3060ti haven't moved a single cent for past month, and are unlikely to fall considerably in near future.
Mind it, 560$ price for new is including tax. If you deduct tax it is no more then 50$ above MSRP, so while there is room for reduction it is not likely to be big.
Also, warranty works slightly different in EU. As long as OP gets valid receipt from original owner he should have no problem executing warranty through the shop the card was bought from. At least as long as GPU was not mined ... and that is key factor here.

Isn't Nvidia warranty non-transferrable, meaning it only applies to the original buyer?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia would only warranty first party cards. It would depend on the manufacturer. Some are transferable, some are not, and the rules vary by country. If the card is coming from outside Hungary, all bets are off. (Correction, outside the EU would probably be the distinction here)