[SOLVED] Should I buy the amd a10 6800k?

tadic_josip

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
Should I buy the amd a10 6800k to go with my g1 sniper a88x and my gt730 nvidia 2gb ddr5? Is it a good setup for a low buck?

Solution
I have an i5 - 3570 ,gt730,and 2 gb ddr3 ram.My motherboard wont accept anymore ram, the sound card and network card are not working,probably the ram wont work because the motherboard is trash. Cant do anything with it...
That 3570 is far better then the A10-6800K so I wouldn't get rid of it. If anything I'd try to find a board for it and then buy a 2x4gb DDR3 kit for it.

WildCard999

Titan
I dont really have a budget, i found it on a local website.
What does apu mean, is it good for gaming?
It's a CPU with essentially a GPU built in. They are decent for light gaming but that one is fairly old so you'd probably be better off using that GT 730.

Depending on budget I'd probably opt for something like the 2200G, B450 board & 16gb (2x8gb@3000 or 3200mhz) instead as it's better then the APU and your GT 730 plus the CPU itself is far better then that APU.

tadic_josip

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
It's a CPU with essentially a GPU built in. They are decent for light gaming but that one is fairly old so you'd probably be better off using that GT 730.

Depending on budget I'd probably opt for something like the 2200G, B450 board & 16gb (2x8gb@3000 or 3200mhz) instead as it's better then the APU and your GT 730 plus the CPU itself is far better then that APU.
I dont look to play the best games, maybe gta V and some other games.
Is the apu able to use my graphic card or his own bulit in one?

WildCard999

Titan
I dont look to play the best games, maybe gta V and some other games.
Is the apu able to use my graphic card or his own bulit in one?
You'd use the GT 730 as it's better then the built in one.

GTA V still requires a pretty good system for smooth gameplay. Are you buying those parts from a site or local market? If on a site post it and see if we can find something better for the price.

tadic_josip

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
You'd use the GT 730 as it's better then the built in one.

GTA V still requires a pretty good system for smooth gameplay. Are you buying those parts from a site or local market? If on a site post it and see if we can find something better for the price.
Is it going to be smooth with this one?
It is a local market,not much to offer..

WildCard999

Titan
I have an i5 - 3570 ,gt730,and 2 gb ddr3 ram.My motherboard wont accept anymore ram, the sound card and network card are not working,probably the ram wont work because the motherboard is trash. Cant do anything with it...
That 3570 is far better then the A10-6800K so I wouldn't get rid of it. If anything I'd try to find a board for it and then buy a 2x4gb DDR3 kit for it.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks man, I will probably do that.
I'm not sure what's available where you are but I've found some generic Chinese motherboards online for older motherboards for cheap and they work perfectly fine. Ended up finding one for a friend for $59 USD on Newegg for a i5-4590 that works great, super simple and not much of a BIOS but for the price it couldn't be beaten.

tadic_josip

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
I'm not sure what's available where you are but I've found some generic Chinese motherboards online for older motherboards for cheap and they work perfectly fine. Ended up finding one for a friend for $59 USD on Newegg for a i5-4590 that works great, super simple and not much of a BIOS but for the price it couldn't be beaten.
I just found a Asus P8H77-M 1155 socket and 2x4gb ddr3 ram, is that good?