[SOLVED] Should I buy the PowerSpec B685 Desktop Computer from Micro Center ?

Solution
Hey there,

Yes, that system would do for you needs, very well.

Price wise, eh, you could build it for less, or get better parts if willing to spend a little more.

What bothers me about this system is the PSU. It could be crappy parts.

I'd never buy a pre-built, but would certainly consider a custom build, if you don't want to do it yourself.
Hey there,

Price wise, eh, you could build it for less, or get better parts if willing to spend a little more.

I'd never buy a pre-built, but would certainly consider a custom build, if you don't want to do it yourself.

Reactions: rickypicky5
Solution
Hey there,

Thanks for the response. I was planning on replacing the PSU with a better one that I already have in the aforementioned build. The motherboard is an ASUS Prime H610M-E. I'm not sure about the RAM and SSD details.

I believe microcenter will assemble your parts purchased there for a fee. I wouldn’t be too iffy on PowerSpec. I’ve shopped at microcenter quite a bit and some of their systems have used at work. They aren’t terrible but if you intend to game on it definitely change the psu.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A much better price for this kind of thing. Honestly, you could have probably just bought a refurbished Haswell-era business machine for $150 and it would have been just fine for these purposes, since I'm assuming you're not converting this into a gaming machine in the future, given the very different PC in your signature that fits those needs better.

TRENDING THREADS