[SOLVED] Should I buy TR 1920X, or wait for 3700X?

xxscienceboyxx

Honorable
Nov 30, 2018
The TR 1920x has 12 cores are 24 threads. The 3700X is predicted to have 12 cores and 24 threads as well. The 3700X is predicted to have a lower price than the 1920x. And also the 3700X has a high clock speed.

What should I get?
Should I wait for the 3700X, or buy the TR 1920x?

Based on the leaks and rumors, it seems that the 3700X has a better value.

Solution

Except that TR has way more PCIe lanes and more memory channels. AM4 is not going to get more memory channels and probably wont have more PCIe lanes, to do so would require way more pins and would require a new socket.

TR will still have a place competing with Intels HEDT platform in the professional workstation market where AM4 cannot compete.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
There will be almost no point in any non 3rd gen thread ripper if those leaks prove true. There are some questions to be answered how 12/16 cores 24/32 threads will function on dual channel memory when fully loaded up but we'll see on the benchmarks when it comes out

Except that TR has way more PCIe lanes and more memory channels. AM4 is not going to get more memory channels and probably wont have more PCIe lanes, to do so would require way more pins and would require a new socket.

TR will still have a place competing with Intels HEDT platform in the professional workstation market where AM4 cannot compete.

Solution