should i buy zotac gtx 970?

bp8401363

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
i m not building my pc for overclocking but for simple 1080 p max setting gameplay
there are many brands for graphics card like asus , msi , gigabyte , zotac ,evga

and of all of them zotac graphics card are cheaper than the rest
should i buy it?
i m on a very tight budget but if buying zotac gtx 970 is a risk than i can adjust my budget
(again im not doing any overclokcing in gpu and cpu)

Solution
zotac are a well regarded brand. you never hear much from there owners because the majority are well happy with there cards.
personally ive never had an issue with them. they may be on the cheaper end but there quality control is just as good as any ive seen.

WildCard999

Titan
I've never heard of any issues with Zotac GPU's (although ive never used them). There warranty policy seems good but length of warranty depends on where you live.

https://www.zotac.com/cz/page/product-warranty-policy

Personally I use EVGA for all my Nvidia cards since there located within the US and have 24/7 live customer support. Also they have replaced parts for me for no charge and free shipping, although shipping does take a bit of time.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Zotac have actually made some really good cards, I personally prefer EVGA but that's just because I've had a couple and I've been impressed by them. Gigabyte I have never had a card from them and been impressed, I just see them as totally average. MSI and Asus I would argue though do make the best all round Nvidia cards. The direct CUII and Twin Frozr coolers are arguably the best.

HOWEVER saying all of this, often the reason why some cards are cheaper than others are the clock speeds, RAM speeds and the coolers. So yes Zotac will have some cheap cards, but it doesn't mean they are comparable. So in the 970 arena I am aware of at least 3x Zotac cards. You have a stock cheap one, a slightly overclocked gaming version and then the Zotac AMP! version which is generally a really good card. The rule of thumb is you do get what you paid for, look at each card individually and look at the clocks, RAM and read some reviews.

zotac are a well regarded brand. you never hear much from there owners because the majority are well happy with there cards.
personally ive never had an issue with them. they may be on the cheaper end but there quality control is just as good as any ive seen.

Solution

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
For me personally It's in the order (Nvidia):

1. Gigabyte G1
2. MSI Gaming series
3. Zotac AMP! series
4. The rest... Asus, EVGA etc.

And the rest is rather mixed in. It's because I think Asus' cooling solutions never seemed better than MSI, Gigabyte or Zotac now aswell. EVGA is actually quite good, but their fans seem louder than the rest but perhaps It's not true? Either way they're all atleast good GPU's and I wouldn't mind owning any of them. Gigabyte and MSI seem to be doing the best right now though

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Your sum up of the available cards seems extremely strange based on the fact that you have an Asus GTX 970 Strix in your own machine?