[SOLVED] should i cap my fps to reduce cpu usage?

Jun 24, 2021
I normally run games on around 240fps but when I am using my recording software to record gameplay my CPU can't handle it so should I cap my ingame fps at 150 to reduce the workload for the CPU?

Solution
No you should use task manager to put the game on a priority of low this way the recording will have a higher priority and will get all the CPU power it needs to record at the settings you tell it and everything else will go to running the game as fast as possible.

If you have a half way recent intel CPU you can connect a monitor to the mobo and use the iGPU with qsv which will let you run your game at full speed since qsv doesn't use any cpu, same for nvidia gpus that have nvenc.
No you should use task manager to put the game on a priority of low this way the recording will have a higher priority and will get all the CPU power it needs to record at the settings you tell it and everything else will go to running the game as fast as possible.

If you have a half way recent intel CPU you can connect a monitor to the mobo and use the iGPU with qsv which will let you run your game at full speed since qsv doesn't use any cpu, same for nvidia gpus that have nvenc.

Solution