should i change any of the parts to my build?

pugchampion

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Well im saving up for a new desktop have been limited to integrated graphics included in my laptop.... yes i know that's absolutely terrible and i couldn't agree more iv always dreamed of getting an awesome gaming rig and i hate consoles just too restrictive and lame but that's where this beauty comes this is to free me from my lame laptop and crappy xbox. the laptops always been far more used out of the two gotta love the beauty of skyrim on low setting and windowed while only getting 20 fps and im only on the xbox if 1)netflix 2)cannot access laptop at the time
Also this is going to be the first desktop i build my self and with me finally getting my first job iv done some general calculations of how long it will take me to buy this and its going to be around two and a half months. And one more thing i will be useing my tv as my monitor for aroud a month and then when i saved up some more i will buy a monitor and will probably go for dual monitors.
also plan to get a good sound system and sound card.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pugchampion/saved/ZBmNnQ

Solution

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
If you want something that's going to last a while, I would suggest going with an Intel build, because Vishera's a dead-end and performs significantly worse than Haswell does for gaming. Other things of note, you can save $80 by not buying a million case fans, chances are you probably get every fan you need with the case as it is.

michaelhall

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

i would also throw in a samsung 840 evo SSD for the op to run off

This would be my recommendation, and I will tell you why

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.49 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($78.30 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($86.54 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($349.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1126.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-02 14:44 EDT-0400

First off Intel trumps AMD in gaming since AMD is bassically given up.

Second, I added an SSD for you to boot off of and put one or two games on for MUCH faster boot and loading times

Third, I got you a much better PSU for not too much more, the CX series isnt very good

Fourth, what in the world is up with all those fans? the case I picked has 4, plenty. I'm not sure how many your case comes with but 3 or 4 is plenty and more than most motherboards can run without splitters anyway. If you were to include all the fans you have listed they would need to be run directly from the PSU meaning they would only run at full speed. This would be noisy and completely unnecessary as they wouldnt really help cooling almost at all anyway, its excessive.

Now the price may be a bit high your thinking, but you will be buying around the holidays when there are often discounts available so you should be able to drop this rig into your budget pretty easily.

Solution

pugchampion

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

Thanks ill definitely use some of these parts and the case works out too since ill have exactly 1040$ by them i could probably get my mom to pitch in around 80$ and if there are some holiday discounts for some of the parts even better! haha and if not i can still find a way thx!

TRENDING THREADS