Should i change my HyperX Rams?

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, I have gtx 1080 ti aorus + i7-8700k ( 5Ghz ), 16gb hyperx 2133 + 2400 rams, when i play games like fortnite, pubg etc, ( AT MAXIMUM SETTINGS ) For some reason i get FPS drop, Its like when i play fortnite and put everything on epic, In some places in map the fps is fine, and in some places i get less than 75 fps , and sometimes the fps is more than 100, but i feel it 30-50 in my screen ( XL2411 BENQ ), I just don't know what's the problem, I tried to stock my CPU oc and nothing changed, i tried another monitor ( 75hz ) nothing helps, My PSU is Masterwatt 750 , anyways some friends told me that's the problem may be cuz ur rams has different mhz, and some of them says u should get a good ram like Corsair one etc, So im wondering should i buy a different ram to fix my problem or its just a software problem, or what, because i reinstalled my windows before like 2 months and nothing happened, And yes im done, sorry for bad english, ill be so happy if someone helped me because im having this issue for like 4 months now,
" By the way i was using gtx 1060 3gb before and i was having the same issues, some guy in Tom's Hardware told me your v-ram is bad u should get a better gpu, so i upgraded to the GTX 1080 ti 11gb and nothing chaned .

GTX 1080 TI AORUS
i7-8700K 5Ghz
16 GB Hyperx 2133 + 2400 mhz
Liquid Cooler H100i
Masterwatt 750 PSU.

Solution
RAM won't affect your FPS as long as it's not reaching 100% load.

It's normal for FPS to drop in some zones in the map where it's more power hungry. Like if you look in front of you in Fortnite, or if you look straight down at the grass, yoh will have higher FPS when you look at the grass because there are less things to render.
As for ths fact it feels like 30-50 FPS, this is becaude you have a 75Hz monitor.
60 FPS looks good on a 60Hz monitor. But on a 75Hz monitor, it looks worse.
Everythimg you described is normal behaviour (to check this, look straight down at the grass and see if you have spikes).

I wohld recommend lower your graphics settings so that the FPS will never go lower than your monitor's refresh rate (FYI 60Hz =...
RAM won't affect your FPS as long as it's not reaching 100% load.

It's normal for FPS to drop in some zones in the map where it's more power hungry. Like if you look in front of you in Fortnite, or if you look straight down at the grass, yoh will have higher FPS when you look at the grass because there are less things to render.
As for ths fact it feels like 30-50 FPS, this is becaude you have a 75Hz monitor.
60 FPS looks good on a 60Hz monitor. But on a 75Hz monitor, it looks worse.
Everythimg you described is normal behaviour (to check this, look straight down at the grass and see if you have spikes).

I wohld recommend lower your graphics settings so that the FPS will never go lower than your monitor's refresh rate (FYI 60Hz = 60FPS).

This is why pros always play on low settings so that they can have as many FPS as possible. So that when there are spikes, it will never go lower than their monitor's refresh rates.

Solution

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018

well, my monitor is 144hz not 75, But when i play in my friends pc's or even youtube benchmarks the game looks more smoother than me, and also i have a better graphics card + cpu than them, so i don't think its normal, i will try to reinstall my pc now, and see if the problem still persist or no

Well, like I said. A game running at 100fps on 144Hz monitor will look worse than a game running at 60fps on a 60Hz monitor.

This is because your monitor can render 144 frames every second, so if your FPS is lower then that. You will get stutters and the game start to look bad.

Also, check if you've installed latest drivers with Nvidia GeForce experience. If yes, roll back and re-update. Always helps.

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018

Oh yea i got you, but are u sure about that?