Question Should I choose Full Install, Minimum Install, or Driver Only when installing my AMD drivers ?

Jun 24, 2023
I want to have access to features like FreeSync, while not having a bunch of features that might slow down the speed of my PC. I'm aware that full install has the access to things such as streaming and recording. I plan to use OBS for those things. I heard that the AMD adrenalin also has the ability to see CPU and GPU temperature and can control fans. If I'm not mistaken I think that only works if you use full install though. What do you guys think?

View: https://imgur.com/a/qDgjr3v

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'm a driver only kind of person. but if you feel like you'd use the other stuff, then go for it. to me it's just bloat, but to others it's worth installing......

look at what is included and ask yourself if you'll actually use it, or if it's just another thing taking up space on your pc.

Jun 21, 2023
i'm a driver only kind of person. but if you feel like you'd use the other stuff, then go for it. to me it's just bloat, but to others it's worth installing......

look at what is included and ask yourself if you'll actually use it, or if it's just another thing taking up space on your pc.
When it comes to the AMD software, I'd recommend it especially for newer users that may not know how to use something like MSI Afterburner, but the GeForce Now stuff is definitely useless. It's basically the same settings as what you get in System/Display. Plus, you have to have an account to use GeForce now. AMD has a wide range of tools included, from streaming and recording to overclocking and undervolting.

I want to have access to features like FreeSync, while not having a bunch of features that might slow down the speed of my PC. I'm aware that full install has the access to things such as streaming and recording. I plan to use OBS for those things. I heard that the AMD adrenalin also has the ability to see CPU and GPU temperature and can control fans. If I'm not mistaken I think that only works if you use full install though. What do you guys think?

View: https://imgur.com/a/qDgjr3v
If you intend to run on only default settings, drivers only installation is enough, also if you intend to use 3rd party program like MSI Afterburner.
Full install is not going to slow anything down and it may help with settings and monitoring but it's settings may clash with those of a 3rd party program and is more comprehensive than any other such program.
It has several options for automatic optimizations for various uses.
I would recommend it over any 3rd party programs.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
When it comes to the AMD software, I'd recommend it especially for newer users that may not know how to use something like MSI Afterburner, but the GeForce Now stuff is definitely useless. It's basically the same settings as what you get in System/Display. Plus, you have to have an account to use GeForce now. AMD has a wide range of tools included, from streaming and recording to overclocking and undervolting.

hence my statement of "look at what is included and ask yourself if you'll actually use it, or if it's just another thing taking up space on your pc. " :)

for some recording software is useful, for me it's just bloat as i have n intention of recording anything. same with OC settings. BIOS works fine for setting and forgetting. but if you like to constantly look and tweak, software might be a better way to go about it.

TRENDING THREADS