Should I clear HP_Recovery (D:) in my old computer?

visioncharm

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I've just finished resetting my old computer to its factory settings since Ill probably be selling it. After glancing at the disk drives though I saw that the D: drive was still mostly full (2 gbs free out of 17gbs). I know its used just so that you can reset your comp to a previous state, but Id like to know if my own settings are still in this drive from before I reset it just now? I dont want to have the person Im selling this computer to be able to access my personal settings if they figured out how to access the back ups of my settings and programs and whanot(if its a back up like i suspect).

Any info on this? TLDR: Do I have to worry about someone messing w the Recovery D: drive and re-accessing this computer w my files, settings etc etc?

Solution
That partition is to restore it back to factory condition. As it came out of the box.
None of your personal data has been written to that.

If in fact it is the original restore partition. If it is something else, who knows...

USAFRet

Titan
That partition is to restore it back to factory condition. As it came out of the box.
None of your personal data has been written to that.

If in fact it is the original restore partition. If it is something else, who knows...

Solution
Sep 27, 2014

Yes, you can remove/delete/format or use that Partition After these steps:
Go to Start>{HP Folder}> make backup Discs
In most of HP Notebooks, These backup discs can be burnt only once. These Backup DVDs (in fact OS+Drivers installation discs) can replace the usage of your HP recovery Partition. You can do all those tasks using Recovery DVDs that you can with HP recovery Partition.

Once you've your backup plan for re-installing your OS and Drivers (in case, you may require in future), you can remove/format/use that Recovery Partition.