[SOLVED] Should i combine the two or buy a new one?

Mar 15, 2020
Hi guys, i have currently the Ballistix Sportt LT DDR4 2400 c16 1x8gb and my motherboard is the Asus H110M-A/M.2
A friend of mine has the Ballistix BLS4G4D240FSB.8FBD
As far as i know both use tthhe same voltage and same frequenz and same latency.
The thing is my motherboard has a total of 2 slots. Should i buy an extra 8gb of the exact same which i already have or should i use the one of my friend? Is it even possible to use the ram stick from my friend? He has a dual kit 2x4gb and i would use one stick.

Solution
Hi guys, i have currently the Ballistix Sportt LT DDR4 2400 c16 1x8gb and my motherboard is the Asus H110M-A/M.2
As far as i know both use tthhe same voltage and same frequenz and same latency.
The thing is my motherboard has a total of 2 slots. Should i buy an extra 8gb of the exact same which i already have or should i use the one of my friend? Is it even possible to use the ram stick from my friend? He has a dual kit 2x4gb and i would use one stick.
Most likely it would work fine.
They are the same manufacturer - and i've mixed different manufacturers without issues.
So if it was me I would try it.
Mar 1, 2020
Most likely it would work fine.
They are the same manufacturer - and i've mixed different manufacturers without issues.
So if it was me I would try it.

Solution