Should I delete all partitions when reinstalling Windows 10 Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Format it and click "new simple volume". This will be your D drive. If you have already created a D drive, then delete the D drive, format it and the space should combine with the unallocated space. Then create a new simple volume with max capacity. (It will put it in by default)

mrjack2207

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Delete all partitions, then create a new partition, then you should be good

Reactions: Root crusher

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I would recommend deleting all partitions, and creating new ones according to your personal preference. Once you create a new partition, you will see two disk drives in "my computer". You can select what size you want for the C: drive and the D: drive. (letters may be different.)

*NOTE: This will delete all data on the hard drive*

Edit: what is the total capacity of the hard drive?

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I would make two partitions; C drive with 250Gb (256000 Mb) for windows and applications and a D drive with the rest for games, pictures and other data. Or you can create a single drive on it's own.

It's personal preference.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Format it and click "new simple volume". This will be your D drive. If you have already created a D drive, then delete the D drive, format it and the space should combine with the unallocated space. Then create a new simple volume with max capacity. (It will put it in by default)

Solution
Jun 29, 2022

i have a lot of partitions and there are some Mbr paritions
i want to delete all the partitions, is it okay?

Jun 29, 2022
If you want to do a clean install, you must delete all partitions.

Yes, if you want a clean install.

You can delete them during the install procedure when you boot from the USB installer you made with Microsoft Media Creation Tool..............rather than doing it manually beforehand.
Thanks for telling kind sir!! I was worried if something happen to the dell boot logo or it got deleted

USAFRet

Titan
i have a lot of partitions and there are some Mbr paritions
i want to delete all the partitions, is it okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.