[SOLVED] Should I Disable The Intel Integrated Graphics?

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card. Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz. Using either 16-bit, or 32-bit, color.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Let me know.

Thanks for your time now.^_^

Reactions: snoots
Solution
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about.

Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

No. In BIOS.

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz.

Unfortunately, this GPU is massive overkill at 1024x768. We're talking just more than a third of the pixels of 1080p. I really hope you're upgrading monitors soon!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about.

Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

No. In BIOS.

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz.

Unfortunately, this GPU is massive overkill at 1024x768. We're talking just more than a third of the pixels of 1080p. I really hope you're upgrading monitors soon!

Solution
There's no real point in disabling the integrated GPU. Sure it might take up to maybe 256MB of RAM for itself, but if 256MB is vital to your RAM capacity, then I don't think the computer has enough RAM for modern times.

And also agree, the video card is overkill for 1024x768 75Hz.

The integrated is only enabled if it gets connected to a monitor otherwise it remains off.
Also having the integrated enabled is a good thing because if your game crashes you can still use the second gpu/monitor to run task manager and kill the crashed game while without it you have to hard reset your PC.

When I had only one monitor I had the igpu connected to a second input of the monitor just for that reason.
(And to use quicksync for recording gameplay)

Reactions: snoots