[SOLVED] Should I Disable The Intel Integrated Graphics?

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card. Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz. Using either 16-bit, or 32-bit, color.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Let me know.

Thanks for your time now.^_^

Solution
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about.

Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

No. In BIOS.

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz.

Unfortunately, this GPU is massive overkill at 1024x768. We're talking just more than a third of the pixels of 1080p. I really hope you're upgrading monitors soon!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm going to be using a "GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6" graphics card, and an "Intel i5-11600K" CPU. I heard that the i5-11600K's Integrated Graphics will slow down the graphics card.

Whoever told you that has no idea what they're talking about.

Should I disable the Integrated Graphics? Also... Just how would I do that anyway?

No. In BIOS.

I'm going to be gaming at a max resolution of 1024X768. At 75 Hertz.

Unfortunately, this GPU is massive overkill at 1024x768. We're talking just more than a third of the pixels of 1080p. I really hope you're upgrading monitors soon!

Solution
The integrated is only enabled if it gets connected to a monitor otherwise it remains off.
Also having the integrated enabled is a good thing because if your game crashes you can still use the second gpu/monitor to run task manager and kill the crashed game while without it you have to hard reset your PC.

When I had only one monitor I had the igpu connected to a second input of the monitor just for that reason.
(And to use quicksync for recording gameplay)