[SOLVED] should i ditch the fm2+ platform or is there a good apu on this platform for esports titles

Apr 14, 2020
im currently using a amd a6 7480 which is a cpu that cant handle my gpu. shouldbi ditch fm2+ or go to am3/4

Solution
At this point you're better off moving to a new platform. The best CPU available on FM2+ would be the Athlon X4 880k, it's a quad core chip based off the same architecture as your current APU. Having two extra cores would help somewhat, but these days the Excavator architecture isn't a good performer and even the super low end Ryzen based parts like the Athlon 200GE or Athlon 300G tend to outperform them.
At this point you're better off moving to a new platform. The best CPU available on FM2+ would be the Athlon X4 880k, it's a quad core chip based off the same architecture as your current APU. Having two extra cores would help somewhat, but these days the Excavator architecture isn't a good performer and even the super low end Ryzen based parts like the Athlon 200GE or Athlon 300G tend to outperform them.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020
is the athlon 200ge a bang for my buck? btw my gpu is a rx 560 2gb will it be a good pair, or should i wait more to get a ryzen 3 2200ge

I'd find an R5-1600AF or a 2600 on sale if the 3600 is too steeply priced...; although many rave over the 2200G/2400G/3200G/3400G series, they are all a bit 'thread challenged' in my opinion for those potentially wanting some of the better gaming action...

The platforms prior to AM4 are remanded to mere curiosities now....(not worthy of consideration, save than for donations for someone needing simple internet access/solitaire/Notepad systems.

is the athlon 200ge a bang for my buck? btw my gpu is a rx 560 2gb will it be a good pair, or should i wait more to get a ryzen 3 2200ge

I'd shoot higher than the 200GE if you can afford it. As someone else said, ideally one of the 6 core Ryzen CPUs eg. 1600 or 2600 can be had for relatively cheap and since you have a dedicated GPU you don't have to worry about the lack of integrated graphics. AAA games usually want more than 2-4 cores these days for good performance, but lighter titles and older games can perform well on the lower end AM4 chips like the Athlon or the 2200G if that's all you want out of your computer.