Discussion Should I exchange Macbook Pro 15 2011 for a HP Omen 15 2018 ?

botorosa

Honorable
May 7, 2014
Hello,

There is a guy that proposed me to exchange my MacBook Pro 15,4 early 2011 for his gaming laptop HP Omen 15.

I play games like Fortnite in PS4 and can't play it in my MacBook but would this be a fair exchange? I mean MacBooks don't easily lose value and Windows machines get very devaluated over time.

He wants to sell his HP Omen for $700 but i don't have a clue how much I can ask for my MacBook Pro.

The MacBook seems sturdy and well build in relation to the HP that seems to be plastic.

Can you give me a help on this please..

Thanks.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Do you have the specs of both machines? Which year Omen 15?

MacBooks hold their value very well (relative to Windows systems)..... but 'value' in the market doesn't do you any good if the system doesn't do what you want.

If you want to game, then the Omen is probably a better system for that.
Whether it's the system you should be looking at, is another question.

You might want to consider selling your MacBook for it's market value (whatever that may be), and look to buy something fit for purpose, for what you want to do.

botorosa

Honorable
May 7, 2014
I am trying to avoid selling the Macbook Pro.. I have installed windows on it via boot camp but have problems with sound and grphic card controllers,... i want to install the game Fortnite to see if I can play it on the Macbook Pro..

The guy that wanted to buy gave up and the sale did not happen...