Should I get a 700W radiator or a 1000W radiator?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snowdude1492

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Hey guys I'm planning my new liquid cooling system, but I'm not sure if I would need a 1000W radiator vs a 700W. I price is about 40% more for the 1000W and it takes up alot more space in my system.

I want it to be able to cool (not that i have all now but I'm future proofing):

North bridge (QPI @ 1.4 volts)

i7 920 @ 4.2GHz (vcore @ 1.4 volts)

2x 5970 OVERCLOCKED (I don't have them yet :p)

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Just read the damn forums I linked too, and spend a few days or many hours instead of looking for a Best Buy salesman.

Like you can read everywhere if you read and not just gloss over the stuff, you'll see that over 1 GPM is fine, over 1.5 GPM gains decrease.

Goodness. it's your money, your stuff.

Make sure it's made from Obtainium. Might need to look that up on Wiki..............

Maybe you shouldn't go water, not everyone has the ability to put water in a PC.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
^LOL @ BestBuy reference.

'Hey, I think I want to spend money, what should I get...I mean...I really don't want to figure it out myself; I'd rather have you tell me so I spend more money than I need or go cheap on a piece of crap.'

Uninformed consumers; there is a reason why BestBuy thrives...lots of uninformed people. Spend some time and LEARN something for yourself. I know that asking questions is a good step, but do some pre-reading/research on your own and come forward with some good, educated questions. We don't mind helping people, but some people, you just can't help.