Honorable
Aug 26, 2015
Specs:
Operating System: Win 10
ROG GTX 1070 8gb
i5-4590 @ 3.30Ghz
Mobo: GA-Z97-HD3
2x8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz

Hi I'm currently using a D-Link DWA-182 Wireless AC 1200 Adapter on the 2.4ghz band, but I am constantly rubber banding in online games. The confusing part is I have full bars, good ping, and I'll run a speed test that shows the Internets running at about 20mbps which isn't great but low enough for unplayable lag?

My modems a SR515AC and our ISP is Distributel and is in the living room. My room is down a hallway. The total distance is maybe 6 or 7 meters blocked by a three walls unless you count that the door is open and leads directly to the living room.
What I hate most is that there is zero indication anywhere that my connection is bad. I can watch videos and stuff with little interruption, the download speed is generally 3mb; not great, not terrible either. This adapter had a period where it would disconnect and reconnect constantly, and from what I see in reviews that's a pretty common red flag. I'd really like to know what you guys think or recommend, I have not been able to play online games competitively in months ):
Thanks for any reply's in advance, please let me know if I'm missing any important information.

Solution
Get a ten-fifteen meters Ethernet cable, and string it between the "modem" and your PC. Assure parents / SOs that it is just temporary, for tests, and see whether your issues will go away.