Should I get a new motherboard?

Oct 1, 2018
So I got a Ryzen 7 2700x for Xmas and was wondering if I should switch to an x370 or x450/b450 because I do want to do some overclocking.
I previously had a Ryzen 5 1600x in my Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3, which is still the motherboard I currently use.
I tried to do some reading but I found some conflicting statements on whether or not the AB350 is okay for overclocking the 2700x so I'm pretty confused.

So if any of y'all would help me decide if I should and why I should, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Specs-
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 FE
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 4 x 8GB 3600 DDR4
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 PSU

Solution
There's a good chance you won't really get much extra performance from manual overclocking. With features like PBO2 and XFR2, the 2700X will do a pretty good job at automatically boosting its frequency for max performance. You could try running some benchmarks or stress tests to see what sort of turbo clocks you're getting.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
There's a good chance you won't really get much extra performance from manual overclocking. With features like PBO2 and XFR2, the 2700X will do a pretty good job at automatically boosting its frequency for max performance. You could try running some benchmarks or stress tests to see what sort of turbo clocks you're getting.

Solution