[SOLVED] Should i get additional memory other than just M.2 memory

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hi, Putting together a simple system and i am thinking of using M.2 Samsung 980 PRO , 1 TB of memory. 1TB is certainly enough to put the system and most of my applications and still have plenty of space for my pics and other stuff. However, do you think i should get an additional 1TB like a 3.5" HD memory as well? I was also wondering how often do the M.2 memory sticks fail?

Solution
Hi, Putting together a simple system and i am thinking of using M.2 Samsung 980 PRO , 1 TB of memory. 1TB is certainly enough to put the system and most of my applications and still have plenty of space for my pics and other stuff. However, do you think i should get an additional 1TB like a 3.5" HD memory as well? I was also wondering how often do the M.2 memory sticks fail?
They don't "fail" that often.
But always, keep good backups. The singular device in your system may or may not die.

More space?
All up to you. And no particular need for that extra space to be another NVMe. SATA III SSD, or a large spinning drive also works.

And, with storage devices, you can easily add more later.

USAFRet

Titan
They don't "fail" that often.
But always, keep good backups. The singular device in your system may or may not die.

More space?
All up to you. And no particular need for that extra space to be another NVMe. SATA III SSD, or a large spinning drive also works.

And, with storage devices, you can easily add more later.

Solution
There is no simple answer some folks like one disk some folks like to split things.