Question Should I go 1080p, 2k, or 4k?

Dec 27, 2018
I am going to build a PC using an i7 8700k and a rtx 2080ti.
I was going to go for a 2k 144hz monitor as that seems like the best middle ground. I could get 60fps going 4k or 144 plus 1080. I was wondering what your guys opinions were?
and what monitors you would recommend.
Is curved a good option?
and for size, 24inch or 27?
I dont really have a budget, i'm just looking for high quality and know you guys will have better opinions than mine.
Many thanks guys :)

edit: feel free to post links too, the more the better. I like simple designs but not necessary

What's best also depends on the types of games you play. If you play a lot of competitive shooters then either 1440p 144-165hz or even 1080p 240hz.
If you play more slower paced/story driven games/rpgs then 4k could be better.
I personally prefer slower refreshrate with high quality image over high refreshrate with lower quality image.
Just make sure it has G-sync or that it's a a Freesync panel which Nvidia supports.

Reactions: sasmp5ninjaz
Dec 27, 2018
1440P 27" is pretty much ideal for that setup.

So get a nice 27" G-SYNC IPS 1440P 144Hz (165Hz) Monitor and have fun.

Thanks for the help,
I can't tell if i'm just looking in the wrong place or being plain stupid. The monitors seem to only have 4ms response times. Is that to do with the IPS screen?
I know that other monitors have a 1ms response time. To be honest I would like to see somebody see the difference but just making sure :)
also any recommendations?

Thanks for the help,
I can't tell if i'm just looking in the wrong place or being plain stupid. The monitors seem to only have 4ms response times. Is that to do with the IPS screen?
I know that other monitors have a 1ms response time. To be honest I would like to see somebody see the difference but just making sure :)

That's IPS.

I have both IPS (4ms) and TN (1ms) and I can't notice any difference in gaming. ;)

Thanks for the help,

TN is the fastest. If you really care about competitive games. Getting a 1080p 240hz 1ms would be the best. TN doesn't look great, people still go with it for a few ms.

Thanks bud, have you got any recommendations? Heres one that gets my fancy. (plus the offer on)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Preda...e-Adjustable/dp/B01EN5JN5K?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5

I have one of those, it's nice for a TN panel.

And this is my other one:

PCPartPicker Part List
Monitor: Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor (£650.33 @ Aria PC)
Total: £650.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-29 12:08 BST+0100