Question Should I go Full HD?

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello,
Should I get a 1080p display? I currently have a 1440x900 res monitor. I do gaming quite frequently nowdays, and I have a gtx 1060 3gb, and I play gta v mostly. My question is, would I experience frame drops with 1080p, or would a clearer display compensate for this. I would like to keep my current graphics settings. Also this monitor supports 75hz, and I guess I won't be getting a 75hz 1080p one cheap, so I'll have to go 60hz. In gta v I get a constant 75fps in offline mode, but will I experience a difference between 75 and 60 fps? So what should I do?
Thanks guyzz

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, a lot of factors here.

1920x1080 will be harder to run at the same graphics settings, so you will have less potential FPS doing so.

How large is your monitor now? What size were you looking at getting? A very small 900p monitor is going to have pretty good pixel density. If you go up to 24" with a 1080p display it might actually be LESS clear/sharp.

Depends on what you mean by cheap, plenty of 75hz monitors out there now.

You might be able to tell the difference between 60FPS and 75FPS, really depends on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing. But both are perfectly playable. Now whether you will achieve 60FPS at 1080p is debatable, depends on the settings. But lots of people seem to do fairly well at medium or high settings.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Okay, a lot of factors here.

1920x1080 will be harder to run at the same graphics settings, so you will have less potential FPS doing so.

How large is your monitor now? What size were you looking at getting? A very small 900p monitor is going to have pretty good pixel density. If you go up to 24" with a 1080p display it might actually be LESS clear/sharp.

Depends on what you mean by cheap, plenty of 75hz monitors out there now.

You might be able to tell the difference between 60FPS and 75FPS, really depends on how sensitive you are to that sort of thing. But both are perfectly playable. Now whether you will achieve 60FPS at 1080p is debatable, depends on the settings. But lots of people seem to do fairly well at medium or high settings.
The display is 19". It is a dell p1913t