[SOLVED] Should I have my pump's rpm at max?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. This is just a simple question. I have a corsair h100i v2 and a ryzen 5 2600. I have both my fans' and pump's speed to quiet using corsair icue. I don't have any temp problems or something like that, but when I set the pump speed to extreme, there is no difference in sound and I was wondering if I should have it there always. I'm planning to oc my cpu, that's why I'm asking. My current idle temps are 35C and while gaming 45-47C. Thanks in advance.

Solution
If you are satisfied with your temps, then there is no reason to move it up to extreme (and your temps look good to me). The 2600 is not really a hot CPU, so running an AIO is a little overkill. I would keep it to quite as the lower RPM on the pump will lengthen the life of the pump.
If you are satisfied with your temps, then there is no reason to move it up to extreme (and your temps look good to me). The 2600 is not really a hot CPU, so running an AIO is a little overkill. I would keep it to quite as the lower RPM on the pump will lengthen the life of the pump.

Solution

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
So hello. I'm using an AIO cooler too.
It's better to set the pump rpm to Max And control the radiator fan using speedfan. Why? Because like any other radiators same as cars the cooling liquid should spin trough the tube with the highest speed and the radiator coolant systems should be controlled such as fans.

The pump life is quite high. So you don't need to save it because there will be some better options in the future!

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
So hello. I'm using an AIO cooler too.
It's better to set the pump rpm to Max And control the radiator fan using speedfan. Why? Because like any other radiators same as cars the cooling liquid should spin trough the tube with the highest speed and the radiator coolant systems should be controlled such as fans.

The pump life is quite high. So you don't need to save it because there will be some better options in the future!
I don't see why I should pressure it though, the temp is the same as in quiet mode.

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
There are some reasons for stable pump speed(I don't mean Max)
For example you're idling and you set your pump speed to be 50% with that idle temp.
But then you start stressing your CPU(full load for a moment) and the temp goes too high then the pump should change it speed from 50% to 100% in a moment!(And then take it back to 50%)
It can damage the pump due to water pressure.
And if you use some exact controls the pump would change it speed every second and get stressed by water pressure. And it could damage the pump.
You should stable the pump rpm as much as possible. I put it on 90-100% and control the radiator fan linked to the core temp.