[SOLVED] Should i install Nvidia bug fix for display port 1.3/1.4?

Feb 24, 2022
My spec i7-12700F / ASUS PRIME B660 PLUS D4 / ASUS GTX1060 OC 6GB / Xiaomi monitor WQHD(3440*1440)
Due to I build a new PC and found Q-LED VGA in motherboard always on. I've connect monitor to VGA by display port 1.4 I guess it the cause of problem. I search for solution and found this link https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/
Should I install it or not?
I found some topic said bug fix will overwrite custom OC from factory or make my card brick. Is it hoax or fact?

Solution
If your monitor works just fine, there's no need to update the firmware.

Regarding whether or not this firmware update will overwrite the AIB's custom one, if said AIB doesn't have their own version, then it's likely that this firmware update doesn't touch that. But in the event it does, the only two things I can see it affecting are the default fan profile and the V-F curve, both of which you can modify through MSI Afterburner anyway.

Regarding whether or not this firmware update will overwrite the AIB's custom one, if said AIB doesn't have their own version, then it's likely that this firmware update doesn't touch that. But in the event it does, the only two things I can see it affecting are the default fan profile and the V-F curve, both of which you can modify through MSI Afterburner anyway.

Solution
Feb 24, 2022

Thank you for your information. My monitor working fine.
Due to Q-LED VGA always on , is there any risk to motherboard or not? (such as heat , circuit damage )