[SOLVED] Should I Install Windows 10 on my PCIE 4.0 or 3.0 NVMe SSD?

Nov 12, 2019
I have two NVMe SSDs, one is XPG Gammix S50 which is PCIE 4 and the other is XPG SX8100 which is PCIE 3, both are 1TB in size and my motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra, should I install windows on the faster one or the slower one? I use my computer for both work and play.

Solution
I have two NVMe SSDs, one is XPG Gammix S50 which is PCIE 4 and the other is XPG SX8100 which is PCIE 3, both are 1TB in size and my motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra, should I install windows on the faster one or the slower one? I use my computer for both work and play.
We'll deep into chasing diminishing returns here.
For Windows, you'll see zero difference.

I'd install it on the 3.0 drive.

You won't see any difference between the drives with how Windows or applications load unless you use a stopwatch, and maybe not even then. It's really not a thing to spend any time debating. I would install Windows and applications on the cheapest drive since that will be the one to get the most use and should be the one most likely to fail.

Reactions: Adohleas

USAFRet

Titan
We'll deep into chasing diminishing returns here.
For Windows, you'll see zero difference.

I'd install it on the 3.0 drive.

Reactions: Adohleas
Solution