Question Should I keep a motherboard with corrosion?

Ralston18

Titan
Bad luck in one way but good luck in another because there is a visible problem.

I would return the motherboard for a replacement or refund.

There may be other problems not so obvious with the board and plugging in or connecting other components could damage them.

Hopefully the seller will offer the same deal or even an upgrade.

Ask.

I am sure you know it is best to have a completely clean motherboard. Corrosion could indicate, the solder overheated, liquid was dropped on the motherboard, a transistor was overheated and popped or partialy melted. Cannot really see what is sitting on or where it came from to comment further.

Aug 24, 2024
Bad luck in one way but good luck in another because there is a visible problem.

I would return the motherboard for a replacement or refund.

There may be other problems not so obvious with the board and plugging in or connecting other components could damage them.

Hopefully the seller will offer the same deal or even an upgrade.

Ask.
he is ready for return. I am just sad that i will ve missing a very good deal. I did connect it did cinebencch 24 and cinebencch r23 few times. so far the results are fine. All i am worried is that it may fail after few months or within warranty

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

Ralston18

Titan
With warranty left it is tempting to just keep using the motherboard but again there could be other problems (as noted by @Fix_that_Glitch ).

Those problems could damage other components and then you be out on them as well.

Sometimes good deals are not what they seem. That motherboard may be a "good deal" because the seller (or someone ) knew that the motherboard sat in container ship or somewhere else for a long time....)

Many people do not take the time nor make the effort to get replacements or refunds.

Sellers profit accordingly by offering "good deals".

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch