Should i keep laptop on charger all the time if i have conservation mode on

Feb 8, 2019
I have a LENOVO ideapad 320 and i have installed the energy manager which allows me to use conservation mode.

I set it up to charge only up to 60%. Should i let it discharge to 30% and charge it to 60% or keep it on charger at all times?

I use the laptop quite often since I am a Web Developer and i work with browser automatisation, so usually i do have a local server up and running as well as a text editor, photoshop and a browser (some times more then one if i am testing since IE optimization is still a thing).

Do you think working on battery even with conservation mode on is going to prolong the life of the battery or is it going to have no effect on it? If it shortens the life of the battery by how much?

If you setup the battery to max battery life in options, just use they system how you want it and don't worry about the battery life. When it dies, it dies. You don't buy a sports car then worry about the engine and gas mileage and drive it slow all the time.

If you are so worried about the battery life, get a desktop system, and only use the laptop when you need to be portable.