Should I keep or swap PSU with questionable ''Power Good'' Value..?

TheCardPlayer

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hello everyone,

After a destructive short on either the Mobo/GPU caused probably by leftover moisture after cleaning the pc i am awaiting replacement parts and currently deciding on wether to keep the PSU or get a new one.

The new components will be Gigabyte AORUS Ultra LGA1151, Intel i7 8700K, 16GB 2666 Ballistix, and either my old GTX 970 (if its not fried) or the new one i already got, ASUS Strix 1050 3G OC. (Worth stating that the old PC wouldnt send monitor signal on both GPUs while MoBo would beep as if it booted normally but with a red ''Boot Device'' LED, but i dont trust that, a couble boots ago the PCI red led would flash causing me to buy a new GPU when probably the problem was the old ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2.0 going haywire.

And my question is:

Should i keep the old PSU Unit which is really powerful and a good one, a Thermaltake Smart M750W?

On a PSU tester the Voltages are always identical.-12V: 12.3v, +12v1: 12.2c, +12v2: 12.2, +5V: 5v, +3.3V: 3.3.

However, the PG (Power Good) ms value makes me concerned. It is mostly 290-300ms at every boot but playing around with the tester i also got a couple of weird values like 80ms, 190ms, and 510ms. I know that 100-500ms is normal but im not sure wether it should get different values at each boot and so on every now and then. And i dont wanna give out much more money since i already paid €750 for the new setup... :fou:

Am i going crazy about not important details or is 80 ms and 510 ms a problem sometimes?

Thanks for your time, i hope i didn't tire you with the long post!